Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Liebster Award 2 - Liebster Harder


Navimie has chain lettered me with the Liebster Awards Q&A, AGAIN! I did one a year ago. The full rule-set is over on Wording Well. Basically she gave me 11 questions to answer.


1. Who is your favourite villain and why?
I really prefer Smart Villains over Sympathetic Villains. Sympathetic Villains can either be non-monstrous with just different goals, or monstrous with an excuse motive.

Warcraft has rarely had smart villains. The Burning Legion who see spreading evil as their life purpose and their method is just temping people with power. Grom in WC3 drank the Demon Blood to get power to defeat an enemy. Kael'Thas joined up with the Legion to feed his people's Magic Addiction.

But I think there is one exception. Ner'zhul as the Lich King. He manipulated the Burning Legion, Arthas, and Ilidan in a big plan to be freed (only to be killed off at the end of a novel so the Lich King would only be Arthas in the WoW expansion, bleh). I find a smart villain is far more compelling than a simple sympathetic villain.

2. What sport do you wish you were really good at?
Blitzball. You get to play Blitzball in FFX and manage a Blitzball team in FFX-2.

It is a 6 v 6 sport where you have to get a ball into a sport. The positions are two Forwards, a Midfielder, two defenders and a Goalkeeper. It is two halves of 5 minutes. Inside an underwater Sphere.





3. Tell me who is your favourite Disney character and why.

Mickey Mouse, he has been my favourite from childhood. I have a Mickey Mouse Phone and had a Mickey Mouse Watch.

I can't explain why. He isn't a complex character or that interesting. I think it is from growing up watching the old Mickey Mouse shorts. I had hours of them taped on VHS which I would just watch over and over.




4. If you were granted one wish of anything you wanted, what would you wish for?
I would compose a highly specific wish with no loop holes that would afford me some super-natural abilities.


5. What is the dumbest thing you have done in regards to your computer?

Knocked over my glass of water and had water pour into the inside of my machine! It was terrible!

A close second would be the time I installed one of those 'computer optimiser' things from the internet, not realising it was malicious software. Download only from safe websites people!

6. If you had the ability to go back in time, who would you want to meet and what would be the one burning question you would ask them?

I'd ask Geoffrey Chaucer how The Canterbury Tales was going to end (beyond the group actually getting to Canterbury).






7. You have won a Nobel Prize!  What do you wish you won the prize for?

For successfully eliminating all the land mines on the planet. I know people can argue they have a use in various DMZ around the planet, but I would like them all gone anyways.

8. Which would be more devastating - loss of hearing, loss of vision or loss of both hands?

For this answer I will be ignoring biotic technologies that exist or being developed to cope with these things.

Loss of Hands would be the worst of the three. Loss of hearing would make be lose music, unable to use telephones/voice chat and have to watch everything with subtitles. Loss of vision would be devastating and destroy my quality of life, but loss of hands would mean I couldn't interact with the world at all.

9. In World of Warcraft, who would you like to see as a boss encounter one day, and how would you design that fight?

Magatha Grimtotem, leader of the Grimtotem Clan. She is a powerful Shaman but also insidious and manipulative. So in her boss encounter, it wouldn't be a stand-up fight. You will have to out-smart her to win.

Mechanically out-smarting her won't work if you can just look up the fight online, so lets pretend you can't for this one. The alternative is an adaptive AI that I think is beyond the game-engine. So basically this is a gimmick fight.

Pre-Fight Evil - Your Raid Group is across the room from her, drinking potions, listening to strategies, buffing up. Then ka-blam, a group of Grimtotem Rogues backstab from stealth the whole raid dead if you don't start the fight after 5 minutes. Her eyesight may be bad, but she can see a group of hostile people from across a room!

The Fight of Evil - Magatha is a powerful shaman but you saw what Thrall can do when he cheats at a duel in Nagrand, well Magatha is an expert cheat:

-Your DPS and Tanks rush in to attack her, but you find that all your attacks are healing her! Ooops, she cast a shaman spell on your weapons that make them heal not hurt her.
- Is that a healing circle on the ground? No it is a Poison circle Magatha placed that looks exactly like a player's healing circle!
- Some blocks of stone at the back of the room have been marked by a IconSmall RaidSkull Skull, so that means they have to be attacked, right, must be a source of Shaman powers? Nope, they are just rocks that Magatha just tricked you into attacking by marking them with a IconSmall RaidSkull Skull!
- The group of people standing around Magatha just ran away, they must know something you don't know about this fight, better run away too? Nope, you just got played for being a sheep, it was just illusions.

Why all this deception? She is stalling for time, because once 5 minutes is up, those Grimtotem Rogues will still backstab from stealth the whole raid dead.

How do you win? Negate all her tricks and then fight down the powerful shaman? No! You win by playing her game better than her! Have the raid wait outside her room. Have a Rogue stealth, walk into the room, walk up behind her and do a backstab. It will one shot her.

10. What is the most embarrassing thing you've said to someone you wanted to impress?

This was hard to answer. While I occasionally do say some truly idiotic things, I haven't been trying to impress the person at the time. So to compensate, I'll just list some stupid things I have said:
- Asked an Islamic Person if they get Gautama Buddha's Birthday as a holiday.
- Asked a teacher if they could 'enhance' a photo (make it less pixelated) to make it look better for the yearbook.
- Asked a girl if she was a boy because she had short hair, but in a girl's school uniform.
(I repeat for all of these, I wasn't being mean, I honestly was just that oblivious),

11. You've been chosen to go onto a game show!  Which game show would you go on?

A*mazing! One part Mario Kart, one part maze, one part typing something on a giant qwerty keyboard. 100% what I would want out of a gameshow!

Now to provide 11 random facts about yourself. I'll give you 11 different facts from last time.

1 - I keep forgetting what my bloodtype is. (It is A+)
2 - I was a guest on the Twisted Nether Blogcast Episode 234.
3 - I never beat Warcraft 3 legitimately, I used cheat codes.
4 - I have obtained all the Disney Infinity figures and levelled them all to the level cap.
5 - Star Trek series in order I like them (most to least):  DS9, TNG, VGR, TOS, ENT
6 - Babylon 5 seasons in order I like them (most to least): 3, 4, 2, 1, 5
7 - I love to read books, but I haven't read one in a year (last book I read was Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett)
8 - Favourite Pokémon: Pikachu (sorry for cliché answer, but it is true!)
9 - I came out of The Last Airbender (film) actually liking it, to the warranted disgust of my brother.
10 - I have used winzip since 1999 and have never purchased the full edition. Sorry Corel Corporation.
11 - I have recently been playing World of Warcraft with an X-Box controller. I can't heal with a controller, but I can DPS effectively if I have some castsequence macros set up.

Questions for others:
1: What tradeskill would you like added to WoW?
2: Is Pie or Cake the best?
3: What building type would you like added to the garrison? What would it do at each level?
4: Someone is rude in a LFR, what do you do?
5: What is the best in-game class specific faction (Silver Hand, Burning Blade, Elven Rangers ect)?
6: Why do you like your favourite class?
7: Hammock or Water Bed?
8: If you had to voice act for a NPC in the game, which one would it be?
9: Voice chat or Typing? What is easier for you?
10: What ride would you add to darkmoon faire? Would there be quests for it?
11:  What is more important in a WoW quest, the story or the game mechanics?

Stealing Arelion's idea, I'm not nominating anyone. You can just answer these questions in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating Tacky, I LOVED reading your answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1: What tradeskill would you like added to WoW?
      That's tough. I think one related to travelling. So it would make mounts, but would also make portal stones (like how mages do) but you could sell them. And you could sell portals to all sorts of places. I think that would be cool. So obviously low level skill you can only port around those areas, but at level 700 you make portals around Draenor.
      2: Is Pie or Cake the best?
      Pie. Sometimes cakes are too sweet. I have even made birthday pie once, for HK. At least my pies get finished, but cakes hang around for a while. And they drop more crumbs. Or maybe it's just the way I bake cakes.
      3: What building type would you like added to the garrison? What would it do at each level?
      There should be a wardrobe building which is where the transmog vendor and void storage should be, not in the storage house. And you should be able to have unlimited void storage in it for your clothes and weapons! Level 1 is having a transmog vendor, 2 is having void storage, and level 3 is unlimited void storage.
      4: Someone is rude in a LFR, what do you do?
      I tell them in raid (if it was said in raid) that it wasn't a nice thing to say. If they continue being an idiot or abusing me in return, then I would ignore him but if he was disrupting or upsetting others then I would vote to kick.
      5: What is the best in-game class specific faction (Silver Hand, Burning Blade, Elven Rangers ect)?
      Cenarion Circle! Druids for Azeroth!
      6: Why do you like your favourite class?
      I only have one class, druid. I love all the things she can do, she can dps, heal or tank. I may not be able to do those things well, but at least the capacity is there!
      7: Hammock or Water Bed?
      Hammock. I'm scared of poking holes in a waterbed. Hammocks already have holes so I don't have to worry about poking holes.
      8: If you had to voice act for a NPC in the game, which one would it be?
      OHHH I would love to do a voice acting for a boss fight. Maybe a gnome boss! So at the moment there are no gnome bosses but that is what I would like to do.
      9: Voice chat or Typing? What is easier for you?
      Typing. I don't really want to talk because I stutter a bit and talk fast and tend to mumble.
      10: What ride would you add to darkmoon faire? Would there be quests for it?
      I think we need a roller coaster ride for fun, like how the carousel is for fun. It would look amazing in the game thought it may give me vertigo.
      11: What is more important in a WoW quest, the story or the game mechanics?
      I like the story if it's part of a big story. But it has to be an engaging story.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for those answers Navi! I want a wardrobe building now!

      Delete
  2. 1: What tradeskill would you like added to WoW?
    Woodcafting! It would be the perfect profession to craft wands and staves! And all of those trees we chop down!

    2: Is Pie or Cake the best?
    Caaaaaaake! Black Forest Cake to be exact.

    3: What building type would you like added to the garrison? What would it do at each level?
    Idk, I think the buildings we have a pretty cool. I would like to see pet battle work orders though! Place a pet in and use some kind of consumable to level it up over time!

    4: Someone is rude in a LFR, what do you do?
    I usually have raid chat in a separate window so I can close it easily.

    5: What is the best in-game class specific faction (Silver Hand, Burning Blade, Elven Rangers ect)?
    Probably the Blood Knight's, I like their tabard!

    6: Why do you like your favourite class?
    I like Priest because I enjoy their style of healing. Shiny yellow spells!

    7: Hammock or Water Bed?
    Hammock for sure. Water beds are creepy.

    8: If you had to voice act for a NPC in the game, which one would it be?
    I would love to voice a goblin female boss.

    9: Voice chat or Typing? What is easier for you?
    Voice chat! Not that typing is an issue, but voice is easier to express yourself and have a chat.

    10: What ride would you add to darkmoon faire? Would there be quests for it?
    Roller coaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe with different track options that light up and you need to click to take the green track to complete the path for an achievement!

    11: What is more important in a WoW quest, the story or the game mechanics?
    That it is short! I don't really read quests very often, and I don't like to be stuck in one place for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the answers! I think the Blood Knights are the best too!

      Delete