Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

It wasn't a Bucket List

A regular fixture of this blog has been my 'bucket list' of things to do before Warlords of Draenor came out called 'Countdown to WoD'.

But here is the problem:
● I started my bucket list 9 November 2013, just after Warlords of Draenor was announced. Almost 10 months ago now. It will be 12 months total when Warlords of Draenor comes out.
● Mists of Pandaria started September 25, 2012 and will end 13 November 13, 2014. Around 25 months.

So my 'bucket list' went for half the expansion! It should have been more of a 'to do list' than a 'get this done before WoD list'. I am going to retag them from WoD to MoP.

So instead of rushing around desperately trying to get these things done, I should have just been enjoying the expansion!

Pro: I was motivated into doing the dallies so I'd finish off the reputations.
Con: I rushed the reputations and only went back to do the achievements related to those dallies last month.

Pro: I focused me to do a list of things.
Con: My priorities were very skewed. I was rushing around doing the list instead of things other people in the guild were doing at the time, like the new Timeless Isle and Gold Challenge Modes. Now I am playing catch-up on those two things as well.

Pro: It focused me into doing a lot on my Main.
Con: All but abandoned doing anything on my alts except getting them to level cap.

Pro: It pushed me into finishing of a lot of jewelcrafting collecting
Con: I actually had time to have simply farmed many of the recipes instead of paying some ridiculous AH prices for it!

Pro: It kept me logging in to get stuff done.
Con: It kept me logging in to get stuff done!

I'll try to approach World of Draenor differently. Not sure what that will be exactly, but I'll do it differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment